Since the start of the Covid-19 pandemic we have received quite a few requests from families and organisations, who work with families, who are struggling to put food on the table. Although we don’t operate a formal food bank service we have found it helpful to keep a supply of non-perishable food items and toiletries in the kitchen so we can send people home with a small amount to keep them ticking over.
Our supply was emptied due to a huge need at Hyndland Secondary School and so we gave them the stocks we had. Therefore we would love your help going forward to keep in a good supply of items – these can be brought to the church whenever you come for a service (when get back to that position) or you can arrange with Carina to drop stuff off at a convenient time or for someone to come and collect from your house.
Here is a list of items you could consider contributing – even if it just one item every so often – every thing counts:
- Long Life Milk
- Cereal Bars
- Bottled Water
- Packets of rice, pasta, noodles etc you can make with boiling water
- Pasta packets (e.g Cheesy macaroni)
- Pasta sauces in a jar – stir in or bake
- Tinned foods – beans, meats, soups, pastas, meatballs, tomatoes
- Tinned fruit
- Crackers / Savoury biscuits
- Sweet biscuits / cookies
- Chocolate / sweets
- Deserts like jelly, custard powder, angel delight, rice pudding
- Chocolate spread
- Tea / Coffee / Sugar
- Toiletries – Soaps, wipes, deodorant, sanitary pads / tampons, hand gel, plasters
- No perishable items like bread, or fresh fruit or veg sadly.
Thank you so much in advance for anything given, no matter how small you think it is. This will be an ongoing need so feel free to build it in slowly to your routine. Why not add 1 or 2 items a week to your shop? Any questions don’t hesitate to get in touch.