The Mission board of the Free Church – generation-mission.org – organises a monthly prayer schedule for the congregations across our denomination for each week of each month we are asked to pray for specific congregations and their various needs and thanksgivings. We will try and keep you updated on our website of the congregations to be praying for each week. For week beginning 31sr October your congregations to remember before the Lord are:
Kiltearn – Minister: Gavino Fioretti
Our congregation has seen encouragements and like everyone else found lockdown difficult yet can say there was opportunity for new contacts. Though we were restricted God was not. Praying that He will do above and beyond what we ask for.
- We ask you to pray for us for grace and wisdom in starting our outreach work among the young post-lockdown. Our Friday Club pre-lockdown had encouraging signs, but 18 months have passed and the young people have grown in that time, some have moved into secondary school. Pray that God would work in the hearts and lives of the young people of Evanton.
- As a congregation, we’ve been encouraged in different aspects, through challenging days, and a spirit of harmony exists. Please pray that we would be on our guard and would give no opportunity to the evil one who would seek to divide us.
Esk Valley – Minister: Tom Muir
We were planted out of St Columba’s in Edinburgh 5 years ago. We started with a small number, and have grown by God’s grace to around 80 folk now. We have a high proportion of young families, meaning our creche and kids’ classes are busy (for which we give thanks). This year is our 5 year anniversary since we launched, and so we’re spotlighting mission again, asking what our mission and vision looks like post-pandemic.
- That our 2 mission-focus evenings would both engage and equip our people to see how they can participate in the work of the gospel.
- That a few non-Christian friends of members who are ‘interested’ would be welcomed into the church family and come to know Jesus as Lord.
Hope Church Coatbridge – Minister: Ivor Macdonald
Hope Church Coatbridge reaches out to a densely populated area of North Lanarkshire with great opportunities for spreading the gospel. We have recently been joined by Neil Longwe as a minister in training along with his wife Jillian and children Naomi and Israel.
- Pray for plans to provide fellowship for two groups of people in our church- teenagers and young adults.
- Pray for the impact of our use in the autumn of Passion for Life’s training resources in personal evangelism.
Here are all the congregations we will be focusing on for prayer across the month of October