The Mission board of the Free Church – generation-mission.org – organises a monthly prayer schedule for the congregations across our denomination for each week of each month we are asked to pray for specific congregations and their various needs and thanksgivings. We will try and keep you updated on our website of the congregations to be praying for each week. For week beginning 21st November your congregations to remember before the Lord are:
Wick & Keiss – Interim Moderator: Howard Stone
Tain and Fearn is situated in the Highlands, 35 miles north of Inverness. Our two ministers; Alasdair and Andrew work The congregation is based in Wick, on the east coast of Caithness, over 100 miles north of Inverness. The town does have deprived areas, with serious alcohol and drug addiction problems. The congregation is small and has been vacant for over a decade. However, a man has recently been identified to be minister there who, along with his wife, will work with the 20Schemes organisation to seek to revitalise the Church.
- Pray that God would give the Spirit of wisdom and revelation that we may know him better and that the eyes of our understanding may be opened that we may know the hope to which he has called us and his incomparably great power for us who believe.
- Pray for the ongoing training, equipping, and calling of all those involved in the plant, and that the Lord’s people would all be increasingly effective in sharing the good news of Jesus.
Grace Church Leith – Minister: Athole Rennie
Grace Church Leith was planted ten years ago in the North of the City of Edinburgh.
- Give thanks for the provision of a new church building in the heart of our community and for the opportunities this is already opening up.
- Pray for our new weekly toddler group. Give thanks for opportunities to connect with new families.
Lochs – Minister: Calum Iain Macleod
Our congregation covers five villages in the district of North Lochs – Leurbost, Crossbost, Ranish, Grimshader, and to the end of Lochganvich. Our neighbouring congregations in the Lochs area are Kinloch and Pairc (Gravir). Our membership covers ages from the 20s through to the 80s, and we are blessed to have a core of young families, with children from pre-school age to secondary age, who have all grown up in the church from preschool through to secondary school. There are two Sunday school classes and a Bible class for the older group, including up to S5s. Covid has halted much of our participation in and hosting of various community events, so we look forward to being able to integrate and reach out as restrictions ease.
- Please pray for our leaders and people to have deepened, broadened and sustained vision, faith and wisdom and as we emerge into and adapt to the new normal.
- Please pray for the young growing up in the congregation, that they come to know the Lord, and be set ablaze to serve him in their generation.
Here are all the congregations we will be focusing on for prayer across the month of November