The Week Ahead Activities & News
Sunday 16th October
- Morning Service at 11am – Rev. Kenny Macleod
- Creche & Holiday Sunday Club for pre-school to P4 during the service
- Tea & Coffee served after
- Praise Group meets at 5pm before the evening service – everyone welcome along to learn and practice hymns and psalms
- Evening Worship Service at 6pm – Rev. Kenny Macleod
Tuesday 18th October
- Foodbank open in the church hall from 2.30-4.30pm
Wednesday 19th October
- Our weekly prayer meeting is on in the the downstairs hall tonight at 7.30pm. Everyone encouraged to join us for a time of singing, prayer and bible study. Availability to join via Zoom for those unable to make it along in person. Contact the church office for the meeting ID.
Thursday 20th October
- Foodbank open in the church hall from 2.30am-4.30pm
- Glasgow International Conversations starts back again tonight at 7.30pm – a meeting place for International Students and locals
Sunday 23rd October
- Morning Worship at 11am: Prof. Noel Peacock
- Evening Worship at 6pm: Alex Bedford
News and Notices
- Job opportunity: We are still on the look out for a Youth Worker for the congregation. If this position could be for you please get in touch or share with someone you know who may be suitable. More details can be found here: Vacancy: Youth & Student Worker
- Missionary meeting with International Mission to Jewish People: We look forward to welcoming Philip Amos from IMJP along to our mid week Wednesday meeting at 7.30pm on the 26th October. All warmly encouraged to join us for this update on the work.
- IJM / Restore Glasgow Event ‘Spot the signs: Human trafficking in Healthcare‘ will be held in the church building at 7pm on Tuesday November the 8th . This is sure to be a useful and challenging event please make it along if you can. Speak to Adrianna Swindler if you have questions about the event.
- Due to October holidays there will be no Monday Club and Top Tots group on this week. Monday Club will resume on 24th October. Top Tots will be back on next on Tuesday 1st November
- Safeguarding Training: If you work with Children / Vulnerable adults in the Church you NEED to have completed Safeguarding training in the last 3 years and if not you MUST have completed one by the end of 2022. For a list of dates the training is running and to sign up visit: https://freechurch.org/safeguarding
- CrossReach are looking for a volunteer to be a listening ear and generally help out in one of their services. Please see this link: Support Volunteer | CrossReach Individuals need to be respectful of our Christian faith and values but as a volunteer you do not have to have a church membership or feel you are a christian in the Free Church sense. The residential Rehab on Westland Drive is also looking for a volunteer gardener if anyone is interested in that also! Email: Catriona.McCabe@crossreach.org.uk
- Sign up for Praying for One Another prayer points here: https://freechurch.us6.list-manage.com/subscribe?u=bfe4fb815ef2db28dab25b8e1&id=c962f325af this is a weekly email with prayer points for Free Church congregations and also the Free Church mission partners across the globe.
This week the foodbank could do with…
- Rice Pudding
- Tinned Fruit
- Tinned Meats
- Tinned Meals
- Plastic Bags!
If you would like any notices to be included in this weekly update or for the screens in church please email it to firstname.lastname@example.org